Call for proposals
13th Annual Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival
The Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival is a much-anticipated annual event for quilters, rug hookers, knitters, spinners, dyers, felters and other fibre arts enthusiasts. The festival has changed its dates. We will welcome you to a grass roots summer festival in Amherst, the gateway to Nova Scotia.
Planning for the 2022 festival is underway. The theme for this year's festival is Creating Together. The festival will be a celebration of cultural connection through fibre arts.
Workshops and events will focus on rug hooking, quilting, knitting, crocheting, weaving, spinning, felting, dyeing, needlework, beading, basketry, quill work and other fibre arts. Factors considered when choosing workshops and instructors may include:
- Relevance to the theme "Creating Together". All cultures have a fibre arts history and we are interested in weaving these threads together, with a focus on the fibre arts heritage of Indigenous (Mi’kmaq, Maliseet), Acadian, Yorkshire, Black Loyalist, and recent immigrant communities.
- Popular new or advanced techniques for fibre artists
- Representation of basic or beginner techniques
- Proposed equipment and space needs
- Teacher experience / qualifications
Give us a shout at email@example.com